Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sweet Moments

This last week has been a bit of a bear. Wiggle Man has been sick with what seems like croup. Now, understand my only previous experience with croup comes from watching Anne Of Green Gables, the scene where Anne saves the life of Diana's sister, who's suffering a particularly nasty bout of croup.

The Missus was not happy. The Missus was freaked out. The Missus has spent the last two nights sleeping in the spare room with Wiggle Man in case he needed Mommy in the middle of the night. Now The Missus is exhausted, people.

So, when a much needed Mommy/Wiggle hug turned into an extended cuddle on the couch, and Wiggle Man said he wanted to go to sleep, I was all over that. Back to the spare room we marched, pillows and Wonder Pets in hand (Wiggle Man's new friends). After several minutes of me reminding him to put his yawning little head down and go to sleep, I could feel the frustration starting to build.

That's when Wiggle Man reached over, stroked my arm, then leaned in and kissed my shoulder.

And that is the sweetest moment: the first time Wiggle Man spontaneously kissed his mama.

Kisses,

3 comments: