Monday, September 10, 2012

Ahh....Fall

I love fall.  Fall has been good to The Rev and His Missus.  Our family acquired this:




We tried it out locally this weekend for the first time.  There were some ups and downs.  Campfires are definitely ups.  Taking the baby home in the middle of the night because he woke up and screamed for an hour was definitely a down. 


Here the boys are exploring  Chicken Nugget's "crib."  We had to get a little creative, but it worked.  Well, it worked in that he fell asleep ok, but kept waking up at around 3 am in a rage that would not be calmed.  Hence me driving him home.  



Interestingly enough, our sleepy town is not as sleepy as you'd imagine at 4 am.




Anyway, it was a lot of work, we learned some things to do differently, and now we are "campers."  Woot.


We also celebrated The Rev's birthday, and I officially have a new favourite cake.  This is a pumpkin spice cake with a....wait for it.....wait for it.....salted caramel cream cheese frosting.  I know.  My blood sugar spiked just typing that.




 In other news, Wiggle Man started Kindergarten this year.  I can't believe he's big enough for "big boy" school.  Also, note the little brother photo bombing big bro's photo shoot.  Classic.



Finally, both my boys have birthdays coming up.  We're throwing one big party this weekend, so I made myself a schedule.  I won't tell you exactly how I'll be using these fondant colours on their birthday cakes, but there they are.


Kisses,





No comments:

Post a Comment