Friday, July 23, 2010

Scenes From My Day

Wiggle Man woke up shrieking at 6:45. AM. (I know, I know--some of you suffer from actual early risers, but in our household, this is early. We're night owls.) This is the second morning in a row; I suspect one of our neighbours is leaving early for work, and Wiggle Man hears the truck leaving, but I can't be sure. (Imagine my dramatic sigh here.)

I managed 20 minutes on the elliptical before I gave in and stopped, for fear of fainting in the cardio room at the Y.

Feeling better, we headed to the library. If you were there, you would have heard a crazed woman scream-whispering the following:

"Wiggle Man! WIGGLE MAN! (Insert child's full name here.) Get OFF the stool. No, put that book back on the shelf. No, no, no, no, NOOOOO! Do you want to leave right now?" Etc.

I decided a mother-son bonding time was needed. We baked cookies. Butter, shortening and sugar in the mixer. ("Mommy, need more sugar." "No, son, we certainly don't. At least, you don't. Mommy actually may need more sugar. Or chocolate. Or wine.") Imagine my surprise to find that my eggs had actually frozen. They were sitting towards the back of the fridge, and apparently, it's cold back there.

Off to the "Food Line" (evidence of Wiggle Man's developing southern drawl?) for eggs.

Me chasing Wiggles around the store. The phrase "Watch where you're going!" was repeated frequently, followed by, "I'm sorry, ma'am."

Then I tried to lie down on the couch. Wiggle Man decided I made a perfect trampoline. Headache ensues.

Now? Dinner's on the stove, and the little cherub is passed out on the chair, fast asleep.

Sweet, sweet silence.

Kisses,

1 comment:

  1. LOL, that sounds like a day in my life. Aren't they beautiful when they're asleep?

    ReplyDelete