Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ponderings

Things I'm wondering about:

Why one of my neighbours needed to start the car at 7 am this morning, blare the radio, then sit in the car--engine and radio roaring--for about 5 minutes before actually pulling out of the driveway. It was 60 degrees this morning. Not 30. Your car doesn't need to warm up. And if I can hear your radio all the way from my bedroom, it's probably too loud.

Why I love chocolate, and I love Oreos, but the new fudge dipped Oreos are not blowing my mind. They should, in theory. But they don't. The new pretzel M&Ms are genius, however.

How in the world Wiggle Man got to be (almost) 3 years old. I'm pretty sure it was just last month The Rev and I were celebrating that we'd survived parenthood for 3 months. (I'm not kidding. When Wiggle Man turned 3 months old, The Rev and I left the baby in the care of loving relatives, headed out to a romantic bed and breakfast, and promptly fell asleep for 3 hours. )

How has it already been a year since we moved down here? Friday was our move-a-versary. It's been a very good year. Southern living has been good to us.

Where did the summer go? And why is it supposed to be back in the 80s next week? The Canadian in me feels very strongly that Labour Day Weekend means cool nights and breezy days. I guess I'm not totally adjusted to southern living yet. Although I do appreciate the sweet tea. And the cobbler. And my mountains. And...well...a lot of things.

And with that, it's time for my (almost) 3 year old to put his curly little head down for the night.

Kisses,


1 comment:

  1. Lol about the B&B. Similar thing happened here. :o) Sign of parents with little kids.

    ReplyDelete