Saturday, March 20, 2010

At Home With The Rev

Because I know you're refreshing my blog rather than watching basketball, desperate to know what we've been up to, I'll oblige your curiosity.

Today we loaded up the SUV and headed off to a sugar festival over an hour away. Wiggle Man and I both get car sick. Wiggle Man took medicine before we left. I did not. Wiggle Man slept in the car. I did not. Wiggle Man was subsequently very cranky when he woke up.

Incidentally, should you be out and about and see a very frustrated mother trying to corral a screaming toddler out of the roadway while holding a purse, two drinks and a lunch bag, don't look at her funny if she raises her voice at said toddler. It's more fear that the child will run out into the road than anything else. Cut her some slack.

But I digress.

We did not stay long at the festival. Basically, we drove over an hour for hot dogs. The all-you-can-eat pancake line was far longer than we were willing to stand in with a cranky Wiggle Man. Wiggles was asking to go back to the car from the moment we left it. We did not get maple syrup, though the Rev tried some maple ice cream. (I'd rather save calories for something chocolatey.)

Finally, we were back in the car. This time, I took some Dramamine. However, I'm guessing the Dramamine plus the allergy meds I took earlier were not the best combo, because by the time we were home, I could hardly hold my head up. I went straight to bed, leaving the Rev to tend to Wiggles. Did I mention the Rev has a wicked nasal infection? For which he can't get antibiotics because our doctor doesn't have his file yet? (But has mine, though the requests were filled out at the same time. Special.)

This brings us to the present. Wiggle Man is in bed. The Rev and I are vegged out in front of the t.v., laughing at everyone's NCAA brackets crumbling. Ours included. This year, it will be a matter of whose brackets were the least sucky.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like any trip we take forp we take with our kids ! I would not have done the long pancake line either. Ah, at least it was blog worthy!

    ReplyDelete