Saturday, March 13, 2010

Splish, Splash

I've been drooling over these boots for weeks. (For Wiggle Man, not me. Not that I wouldn't mind a pair myself, they just don't come in my size. Ahem.)

With the rain we had this week, I figured it was time.


Wiggle Man splished. He splashed. He sailed his toy boats in the puddles. He splished and splashed some more.

And I was taken back to a time when I loved nothing more that the sound of a boot being pulled out of the muck, and the feel of the rain on my face. Before I started worrying about what all that weather was doing to my hair. Back when getting my clothes wet was ok. Back to the time I kept one of my pet worms in an empty milk carton in my desk at school for a day, terrified the entire day that he (she?) would escape and I would get in trouble.

Maybe I will buy myself some rain boots after all. I think I'm in need of some splishing and splashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment